Sunday, October 26, 2008

THE TOUGHEST DAY YET

IT WAS AN ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR FALL DAY and worse yet, it was Sunday. I busied myself with work, bills, college apps, errands, garbage, recycling, running and email. I did everything but the thing I really wanted to do. Yesterday was a breeze because it poured. Friday was a long day of work that persisted till evening. Thursday I listened to my brother give an inspiring presentation on how you can fuel profits and growth while taking drastic measures towards corporate sustainability. The audience was enthralled, and it was not an easy crowd to enthrall. They were the top people from around the world who make up the 30-year old consulting firm PRTM. Their incisive questions showed how closely they'd been listening as my brother told his tale of elevating operations at Burt's Bees in pursuit of The Greater Good. It's constant innovation, and most everyone's inolved at some level. The kind of company you really want to work at, and feel pride about it. And because of this, their remarkable growth has seen an inverse relationship with their carbon footprint. 

Oh to be making my own green footprints along the 16th fairway below. But it seems I'm meandering toward my own greater good. 

No comments: